Cold laser therapy also known as low level laser therapy (LLLT) has been shown to reduce tissue pain, increase circulation and increase collagen formation in wounds. LLLT use is fairly new within the United States. However it has been used in Canada and Europe for years.
Cold laser treatment does several important things:
- It increases energy in the damaged cells so they can heal faster and completely.
- Decreases toxins in the cells.
- Speeds up the healing response.
- Reduces pain.
- Promotes protein formation in damaged tissue.
- Muscle strains
- Ligament sprains
- Joint pain (shoulders, knees, elbows, wrists, spine, ankles, feet, hands, TMJ)
- Disc herniation
- Neck pain
- Back pain
- Cervicogenic headaches